Thursday, April 30, 2009

What's it like to hike the CDT?

I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I highly recommend the following...

Books

Scraping Heaven by Cindy Ross
A gutsy veteran hiker takes on the CDT - with a husband, small children, and llamas.

Where the Waters Divide by Karen Berger
A well-researched account of the hiking and history along the Continental Divide.

The Great Divide by Stephen Pern
A humorous account of the CDT from the perspective of a solo English hiker.

Videos

The Walkumentary by Lawton "Disco" Grinter
The first CDT movie I saw. I watched it at the Saufley's Hiker Heaven in Agua Dulce, CA. This well-edited video hooked me on the CDT. Features a hilarious hiker called Maddy (sp?).

Cookie and Paul Walk from Mexico to Canada

A northbound 2008 hike. Beautiful CDT images on a stunning website!

No comments: