Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Long time, no see.

Hello!  It has been a while...  quite a while.

When I last posted, Team Creason had just moved back to Boston and I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself.  I wrote about making the city into my own adventure playground.

Quite a lot has changed since then.  I had a baby!  I became pregnant almost as soon as we set up house and it has been non-stop baby ever since.  What a change!

I knew I was pregnant when I came back from an hour long run and took a three hour nap.  I don't nap.  I didn't even nap after my 20 mile marathon training runs.  Team Creason was thrilled!

I took the chance to rest.  Nothing had ever made me so tired - not marathon training, not hiking 25 miles day after day.  I spent a lot of time walking and swimming laps.  I tried running and for a while ran a mile every day, but I found it uncomfortable.  I slept long and hard every afternoon of the first trimester, waking up and wondering where the hours had gone.  I went to bed early and slept late.  It was great!

I went into the pregnancy about as fit as I've ever been.  I gained about 30 pounds, including baby and all of his support system.  I lost a lot of muscle.  Did I mention I lost a lot of muscle?  I'm now back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but things just aren't the same.

Regardless, I've been working hard to keep active.  I ran a 5k at three months postpartum.  I covered 1,000 miles by foot between June 1 and December 30, 2011.  I've been chasing my now toddler around the park nearly every day.  We've even been on a few hikes together.

We're looking forward to a great summer and spending lots of time outdoors.  Once again, it's time to make this place my adventure playground, and to be a fit and active role model for Baby Creason.

1 comment:

Leanna said...

So excited to read your writings on mommihood and fitness and Boston.